Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls) offer a wide choice of activities for active tourism lovers. There are many excursions and activities organized on the coast in Swakopmund and Lüderitz, as well as in the Namib Desert (Sossusvlei, Sesriem) and in Victoria Falls and Livingston. Besides, nearly every hotel or lodge offers activities from themselves such as sundowners, safaris, hiking, cruises, fishing, horse riding etc.
Main activities in Swakopmund:
- hot-air ballooning;
- skydiving and so on.
- quad biking on the dunes;
- sand boarding;
- dune skiing;
- horse and camel riding;
- city tour in Swakopmund and Walvis Bay;
- Sandwich Harbour 4×4 excursion;
- Namib Desert tour;
- “Living desert” excursion;
- birdwatching in Walvis Bay Wetlands ;
- excursion to the Cape Cross seal colony and others.
- Atlantic Ocean cruise and others.
Main activities in Lüderitz:
- excursion to the ghost-town of Kolmanskop;
- excursion to forbidden diamond territory Sperrgebiet;
- excursion round Lüderitz and its suburbs;
- motor boat sea trip.
Main activities in Namib Desert (Sesriem):
- hot air ballooning;
- plane and helicopter scenic flights;
- hiking trails;
- quad biking etc.
Activities in Fish River Canyon:
- hiking along the canyon;
- hiking with mules along the canyon.
One may organize motorcycle and 4×4 drive vehicle tours in Namibia, as well as diving in lakes and climbing. Rafting tours are regularly held on the Orange and Kunene rivers.
Main activities in the Victoria Falls area (Zimbabwe and Zambia):
- excursion to Livingstone Island;
- excursion by “Royal Livingstone Express“;
- game drives to “Chobe National Park“ and “Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park“;
- elephant back safaris;
- Lion walk;
- bungee jumping;
- Segway tours;
- Zambezi river cruises;
- canoe safaris on the upper Zambezi;
- “low” water rafting;
- “high” water rafting;
- Jet-boat Extreme and many others.
- helicopter and Microlight flights etc.
- David Livingstone Museum;
- Railway Museum and excursion to Livingstone Town.